Sector: Fast moving consumer goods, procurement & manufacturing
Business revenue: R100m+
Project Duration: 6 months
We were approached by a family business who had started negotiations regarding the sale of their business.
Objective for project
Assist sellers of a private company with establishment of fair value of their company and subsequent negotiation of a sale to a consortium of investors represented by a private equity fund.
1. Assessment of business model, shareholders and current strategy. Analyse and understand status quo.
2. Develop strategic objectives and priorities
3. Business valuation and assessment.
4. Sell-side due diligence.
5. Make clear decisions on the way forward
6. Assistance with transaction structuring and advice on term-sheet finalisation.
7. Review and assistance with all agreements related to the sale of business.
8. Buy-side Due diligence assistance including establishment of data room and compilation of necessary information.
9. Assistance with submissions to various legal authorities.
10. Coordinate and resolve areas of conflict and complexity throughout.
• The transaction was concluded successfully.
• Issues identified were adequately addressed in the relevant transaction agreements.
• The post-transaction integration process was planned and executed on budget.
• Ongoing communication with clients, staff and the market ensured that customers remained well served and business continued as normal.
Selling any business is a complex and potentially highly stressful experience for even the best business people. Having a Professional Team with you throughout the process is the first step in ensuring your business sale is a success.
Introduction to our firm
Addison Advisory Incorporated provide high-impact business consulting services to established private companies in the domains of management, finance and transactions. We assist clients in realising the potential of their business and personal investments by focussing on solutions that add value. Our focus areas are corporate transactions, business development, strategy, organisational restructuring and governance matters.
“Thank you for all your support over the last few months, all signed and agreed to.”